We are actively seeking volunteers to help out at this year’s market!
Come find out how much fun it is to be a part of strengthening the local food economy and gain valuable work experience.
We need volunteers to help us with the following:
- Outreach & Community Marketing
- Market Setup and Takedown
- Staffing our information table
- Special Events
- Traffic management
- Promotions and surveys
If you are interested, please fill in the Volunteer Application Form
The OSFM will be running two Holiday Artisan Markets at the Unitarian Church of Vancouver on:
Sunday December 7th from 10 am – 2 pm
Sunday December 14th from 10 am – 2 pm & 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Both days will feature unique, locally hand-crafted gifts like pottery, jewellery, photos and cards, organic skin and baby-care products, hand-painted silk scarves and stained glass window decor.
There will also be delicious baking from Sweet Thea, preserves, honey, gluten & sugar-free desserts and chocolate, Mexican sweets and Archimallows’ Gourmet Marshmallows – all perfect gifts or treats to make your holidays sweeter!
Finally look for Mr. Sharp and his knife-sharpening services in order to ensure that all of your knives are in tip-top shape for this holiday’s feasts!
Come and support local businesses this holiday season and also the OSFM as 10% of all proceeds will go towards our 2015 season! We hope to see you there!
Join the Cooking Coach – in the Kitchen!
Saturday, Oct 11th 2-4pm at Kits Community Centre at 12th & Larch
Free admission, samples, advice, and recipes
Cooking demo of:
- Thin Pear Tart or Raspberry Buttermilk Cake
- Wild Mushrooms with Pears and Green Peppercorns
- Sweet Corn Relish
Sign up here to reserve a seat; space is limited
Check out What’s at the Market for a full list of vendors and to sign up for our weekly newsletter.
- Write a note of thanks to our local growers Forstbauer Family Farms, Anderson Organic Farm & Langley Organic Growers.
- Stay for fun activities & customer raffles every 15 minutes, including a Grand Prize Basket draw at 6:45pm. (Must be present to win)
- Bring your worn out reusable shopping bags for Caede of Sewlutions to mend, and your dull knives and tools for Mr. Sharp.
-We will have liquor sampling from Steamworks Brewing, Bench 1775 Winery & Campbell’s Gold Mead.
Bench 1775 is a family owned winery producing quality-driven wines on 30 lake-front acres boasting panoramic views overlooking Okanagan Lake.
Did you know we have Organic Richmond Specialty Mushrooms for sale at our market every week?
Here’s a little easy dinner inspiration.
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1⁄4 onion, cut into chunks
• 2 portobello mushroom caps, sliced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Freshy grated Parmesan and Asiago cheese
1. Remove stems from mushrooms; slice caps.
2. Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Stir in onions and mushrooms; reduce heat to low, and cook until the mushrooms are soft and blackened and the onions are black around the edges.
3. Turn off the heat, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle generously with Parmesan and Asiago cheeses.
Follow us on Twitter for Market Goods Hunt clues to find vouchers hidden around the city!